Supplier of last resort
The prices at which the suppliers of last resort (DPI) sell electricity to end customers are determined according to a Methodology approved by the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (EWRC). As of 01.08.2021, a new Methodology for determining the prices of electricity of the supplier of last resort (promulgated in “State newspaper”, issue 60 of 20.07.2021) enters into force, which introduces a different way of pricing.
In accordance with the provisions of the Methodology, the price of electricity for DPI is determined after the end of the calendar month and the receipt of approved measured values by the electricity distribution grid operator. The price is individual for each place of consumption according to its load profile.
The price of DPI for the calendar month for a client's object is calculated on the basis of:
- the hourly electricity prices announced by the market exchange operator on the Day ahead market segment with a weight in the calculation of 80%;
- the prices of the balancing energy announced by settlement periods from ESO EAD for a deficit with a weight in the calculation of 20%;
- the load profile of the site provided by the grid operator – measured load profile for sites with metering of electricity by settlement periods, respectively assigned standardized load profile* for sites without metering by settlement periods, according to which the approved measured values for the calendar month are determined;
- normatively determined amount of mark-up to cover the costs and the return for the activity of DPI.
* Note: According to the Electricity Trading Rules, the standardized load profile (STP) is a series of coefficients that reflects the distribution by settlement periods of active electricity consumption per site type for a given period of time. STPs are developed by the operators of electricity distribution networks and are applied for sites without metering of electricity by settlement periods. For customers with sites to which STPs are applied and which are reported according to the schedule of the grid operator on a certain date in the month, the reported quantities of electricity are distributed according to the applicable STP for each settlement period for the period from the 1st to the last date of the calendar month within which the report was made, and are accepted as approved measured values. DPI uses this data for the purposes of electricity pricing and invoicing for the calendar month.
In addition to the price for electricity, the customers of Energo-Pro Sales AD, in its capacity of SoLR, pay also the following prices, VAT not included:
Price for liabilities to the society – 0,00 BGN /kWh;
Price for transmission through the electricity transmission network – 0,01521 BGN/kWh;
Price for access to the electricity transmission network – 0,00102 BGN/kWh;
Price for transmission through the distribution network for sites connected to medium voltage – 0,02108 BGN/kWh;
Price for transmission through the distribution network for sites connected to low voltage – BGN 0,04825 BGN/kWh;
Price for access to the distribution network for non-residential customers – 0,03090 BGN/kW/day;
Price for access to the distribution network for residential customers – 0,00959 BGN/kWh.
All non-residential customers also pay excise duty in the amount of BGN 0.00200/kWh