Supplier of last resort
The prices at which the suppliers of last resort (DPI) sell electricity to end customers are determined according to a Methodology approved by the Energy and Water Regulatory Commission (EWRC). As of 01.08.2021, a new Methodology for determining the prices of electricity of the supplier of last resort (promulgated in “State newspaper”, issue 60 of 20.07.2021) enters into force, which introduces a different way of pricing.
In accordance with the provisions of the Methodology, the price of electricity for DPI is determined after the end of the calendar month and the receipt of approved measured values by the electricity distribution network operator. The price is individual for each place of consumption according to its load profile.
The price of DPI for the calendar month for a client's object is calculated on the basis of:
- the hourly electricity prices announced by the stock exchange operator on the Day Forward market segment with a weight in the calculation of 80% (for the period from 01.11.2021 to 31.01.2022 the weight changes to 90%);
- the hourly prices of the balancing energy announced by ESO EAD for a deficit with a weight in the calculation of 20% (for the period from 01.11.2021 to 31.01.2022 the weight changes to 10%);
- the load profile of the site provided by the network operator - measured hourly load profile for sites with hourly metering of electricity, respectively assigned standardized load profile * for sites without hourly metering, according to which the approved measured values for the calendar month are determined;
- normatively determined amount of mark-up to cover the costs and the return for the activity of DPI (for the period from 01.11.2021 to 31.01.2022 this surcharge is limited to BGN 10 / MWh).
* Note: According to the Electricity Trading Rules, the standardized load profile (STP) is a series of coefficients that reflects the hourly distribution of active electricity consumption per site type for a given period of time. STPs are developed by the operators of electricity distribution networks and are applied for sites without hourly metering of electricity. For customers with sites to which STPs are applied and which are reported according to the schedule of the network operator on a certain date in the month, the reported quantities of electricity are distributed according to the applicable STP for each settlement period (hour) for the period from the 1st to the last date of the calendar month within which the report was made, and are accepted as approved measured values. DPI uses this data for the purposes of electricity pricing and invoicing for the calendar month.
ENERGO-PRO Sales AD sells electricity to its customers under the tariff plan "One Scale" with the same price during all hours of the day.
In addition to the price for electricity, the customers of Energo-Pro Sales AD, in its capacity of SoLR, pay also the following prices, VAT not included:
Price for liabilities to the society – 0,00718 BGN /kWh;
Price for transmission through the electricity transmission network – 0,01148 BGN/kWh;
Price for access to the electricity transmission network – 0,00049 BGN/kWh;
Price for transmission through the distribution network for sites connected to medium voltage – 0,01312 BGN/kWh;
Price for transmission through the distribution network for sites connected to low voltage – BGN 0,03583 BGN/kWh;
Price for access to the distribution network for non-residential customers – 0,02073 BGN/kW/day;
Price for access to the distribution network for residential customers – 0,00885 BGN/kWh.
All non-residential customers also pay excise duty in the amount of BGN 0.00200/kWh